8/24: on the track

The start of the new academic year has been more chaotic than usual, with the unexpected resignation of a colleague in my program at the start of August and subsequent scrambling to get the suddenly-professor-less classes covered. As a result of that extra nuttiness on top of the usual back-to-school craziness, walking and kayaking have been harder to work into my schedule than I'd like: I've just been drop-into-bed tired at the end of the days. But this evening I made sure I'd have time and energy to go to the indoor walking track--nice and cool on these muggy nights--and I was glad to move and resume listening to The Princess and the Goblin.

2 comments:

Sam said...

And congratulations on your 1,001st post, RR! The lovely spring flowers that are just beginning to blossom over in this corner of the world made me think of you today :-)

RR said...

Thanks, Sam. Chris is calling our early autumn bloom here "second spring"--I hope you're enjoying your first round of spring!