8/31: knowing when

As soon as I woke up, I realized that no number of soothing warm beverages was going to be enough to even temporarily allay my symptoms today, so I didn't go to school and went to the doctor instead. My allergies blocked me up enough to cause an infection, and now I'm on antibiotics. I'm glad I didn't try to "tough it out"--I hate cancelling class, but in this instance it was the right thing to do. I'm grateful that I made the decision with minimal hoopla and that Chris supported it so enthusiastically.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hope the drugs kick in SOON! Feel better.

Barbara said...

Oh dear! Get well. Or at least get well enough that you can read in bed, one of life's great luxuries.

RR said...

Thanks Sandy & Barbara--I feel a little better today (9/1), but I think more medicine + reading in bed is what's on my agenda for the evening!