9/29: tea with jam and bread

Mid-morning snack: chai tea, LaBrea Bakery bread, and orange marmalade!

When we lived in LA, the original LaBrea Bakery was in our neighborhood, so I was very excited this week, though also surprised, to see LaBrea Bakery bake-it-at-home bread in the local Arkansas grocery store. The take-and-bake bread is not as wondrous as the kinds we could buy at the actual bakery, but since I'm now a thousand miles away from the bakery, I'm not going to complain...and I will happily buy it again, for both the taste and the nostalgia value.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... it was an instant decision, to take tomorrow off, after thinking to myself about the place where Id like to be - the mountains! - and just the thought of the big sky and the white limestone rocks makes me happy and smiling...!

RR said...

A great instant decision (it's so easily the kind of thing that could stay a dream rather than become a decision), and I hope you have a wonderful time!