10/20: changing perspective

My good things spring from the two comments waiting for me when I checked my blog today.

Meri's good thing reminded me that I, too, have been using music to work some magic on my morning outlook. I've been enjoying listening to some news on the way to work and then switching half-way through the drive to a music station. I'm glad to get the low-down on the news, but I like pulling into the parking lot at work with something up-beat in my ears.

The anonymous poster reminded me to keep my own frustrations and difficulties in perspective and to be grateful for every single opportunity for genuine laughter.

4 comments:

Meri M. said...

... listening to radio news on my way to work actually does bring me down, and listening to my own music this early gives me a boost of energy - I know that now for sure - so today anything seems possible!

Anonymous said...

My wife is struggling with breast cancer. Today, she got out of bed and ate a little breakfast. We watched a DVR'd copy of "Antique Road Show"...at the end of the show, where people hold up odds n ends with a summary of their experience, this one guy who looked like an older grey version of Frank Zappa held up his family trinket, which he believed to be worth a vast sum of money, only to be told it was worthless...he smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said, "There goes the family fortune!" My wife laughed. It's a good day.

RR said...

Thank you both for your comments--you became my good thing!

RR said...

And, dear anonymous poster, my warm good wishes go out to you and your spouse.