10/31: good timing, good time management, and a sweet spur to memory

I just finished my evening's work, and I've just started getting sleepy. In addition to doing my schoolwork this evening, Chris and I made a trip to the grocery store and I cooked up a chili for tomorrow.

It's Halloween, but we don't get any trick-or-treaters at our house (too far off the beaten path). However, our building's housekeeper at work showed me a picture of her grandson dressed up in his Halloween costume as a bat, and that made me smile not just because he looked very cute (and he really did!), but also because when I was about his age I went as a bat for Halloween myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had 108 little (and some not so little) Halloween trick or treat(ers). We kept count. My pumpkin was a hit. The night was fun and thankfully safe. It's a good day.

Anonymous said...

I baked bread. It was good.
I like your blog. Nice idea.

RR said...

A1: I'm glad you got some trick-or-treat business & that your pumpkin was appreciated.

And A2: We had freshly baked bread today, too! Thanks for your nice words about the blog & for stopping by.