1/3: sips & sniffs

Chris and I went to a new-ish Greek restaurant for dinner, and I noticed that they had Turkish coffee on the menu. I mentioned this to Chris because--based on my memories of it from my now-long-ago time in Greece--I thought it would be the kind of thing he'd like. He ordered some. I didn't have much myself (it would have kept me up all night!), but I loved smelling it and stealing just a few sips from his cup. It is amazing stuff. I have to go back sometime earlier in the day and order just a pot and some baklava....

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I could exist on baklava....

RR said...

This particular restaurant's baklava was different from any I've tasted before. It had much less honey and used a thick layer of pistachios in the middle. It was really good, and I'm already thinking of when I can go back and get some more.