3/13: at home

We made dinner for ourselves this evening, instead of eating in the campus cafeteria or going to a restaurant. It felt luxurious.

And this evening, some quality time with Greek, designing a worksheet for the beginning class and reading the Septuagint version of Ruth in preparation for an independent study meeting. I've written before about enjoying the Vulgate translation of Ruth; this is my first time reading it in Greek. Maybe someday I'll learn Hebrew and get back to the original....

2 comments:

Barbara said...

When we lived in Berkeley I gathered up about a dozen friends and joined the Hillel Foundation's offering, "Hebrew in a Day." One of the women I brought went on to take several semesters of Hebrew, but I glazed over in that one workshop! (But I'm glad I went..)

RR said...

A "Hebrew in a Day" workshop would be wonderful--very cool that you rounded up folks and went as a group. (I just checked to see if the synagogue in Little Rock offers anything like that, but it doesn't seem so, alas.)