7/18: back in action

I did two things today that I haven't done for awhile, and both of them were very good.

1.  I wrote in my journal this morning.  I had fallen out of the habit, but this morning I knew that I had to write.

2.  I kayaked this evening.  The first time this month!  At the beginning of July I was kept from the water by a cold, and then we had a string of days with a 30% chance of rain or thunderstorm.  (30% is my benchmark for deciding whether I should or shouldn't go out on the lake.  We need any precipitation we can get, but it was frustrating when the forecast kept me from kayaking but no rain actually materialized.)  As a happy surprise this evening, one of the great blue herons was sitting along the shoreline when I paddled out and was still there an hour later when I paddled back.

No comments: