9/25: a meeting of minds, & okay for tomorrow

I got to talk with two Trollope fans this afternoon, one of whom is the only person I know who has read more Trollope than I have.  I don't mean that in a competitive/measuring way--I mean that it's wonderful to meet up with someone who is so much a lover of Trollope that they've read all his novels.  (I'm on my way, but I think I have 6 or 7 left.)

I have a pile-up of work because some unexpected things got rotated onto my plate at the last minute.  I decided to stay at the office late tonight to get things done.  It's not always a good plan (in general I think it's not good to be at work for more than 12 hours at a time), but sometimes the benefit of getting things done outweighs the costs.  Today I'm glad I stayed:  I now feel like I'll be ready to face tomorrow.

No comments: