10/30: in the nick

I haven't been able to kayak much recently, and my while-on-the-water photos of August sunsets seem so long ago!  But tonight after dinner I noticed some colorful sky peeking through the branches of the trees that separate us on the ridge from the lake down below.  I decided to grab my camera and get to the dock before I missed the moment.  I even drove instead of walked because in a matter of minutes the light would be gone.  This is what I saw when I got to the lake:


I'm glad I made the dash.  Part of me wishes I had dashed without my camera so that I would have spent more time simply enjoying the sunset and less time snapping pictures.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, I'm so thankful you stopped to get the camera. So beautiful! Thanks!

Barbara said...

But then you couldn't have shared it with all of us and it is truly lovely.

RR said...

Yes, indeed; another part of me is very glad that I did take my camera--it's great to be able to share with you!