11/4: unexpected image

Last night we heard coyotes much closer than we ever have before.  They must have been in the woods right next to our house.  Really, just a few yards away.

This morning Chris did some research on habitats that coyotes favor.  It turns out that they like to be near a persimmon supply, and we certainly have that!  Our persimmon trees all produce fruit too chalky and bitter for humans to eat, but at least the coyotes can make a feast.  I can't quite wrap my mind around the image of coyotes eating persimmons in the middle of the night--it's so different from my past mental pictures of coyotes.  I'm glad to have this prompt to paint a new picture.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I like the silhouette of the persimmon tree when the fruit is ripe.

RR said...

Me, too, Barbara--I can't get a good angle on ours to photograph them, though, which is a little vexing. It's a time when I wish I could draw.