12/31: writing

In 2012 I've read more than usual, and the reading has been of various sorts:  ancient texts, Victorian ones, novels for pleasure, Grimms' Tales, children's literature, drafts (and drafts and drafts!) of student projects, poems (and poems and poems!) submitted for publication.  I'm grateful for all of it.

But--partly as a side-effect of doing all that reading--I've written less in 2012 than usual, and I feel rusty.  Today I got to write for about an hour and a half.  Nothing elaborate:  some glosses on uses of Classics in Trollope's Claverings.  It was a pleasure to be putting words and thoughts together, and maybe I worked off a little of the rust.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... going to work, because I have a job and because I just need to get some things out of sight for a few hours... going home again later to my girls (and to some more girls who will be coming over later), my sunshines... starting a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year - may it bring a wonderful new perspective... Happy New Year to you and Chris! Thank you for writing - it so often brings light and a shift of attention to what really matters...!

RR said...

Hello, Meri--Always a pleasure to see you here and learn of the good things in your day. I send so many warm wishes to you and your girls for wonderful times in the new year and beyond!