1/11: afternoon bees

The bees took advantage of today's mild weather to venture out of their hives.  It was heartening to see them, little bits of warmth and light who work, work, work among flowers.  Starting on Monday, I'm officially back to work myself; if the bees can do it, so can I.

We've been keeping bees since 2005, so I've had lots of opportunities to photograph them—but I couldn't resist taking some pictures as they were flying this afternoon.  And in all my years of photographing bees, I've never gotten pictures like this before.


I was at the right place at the right time, with the bees between me and the sun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My good thing of the day is that I found a lovely postcard from you in my postbox today. :-)
Wishing you a year filled with good things,
Ivy, Humpty Doo, Australia

Murray said...

A beautiful walk to get coffee at 4:30 am in 12 inches of fresh snow.

RR said...

Hi, Ivy, and thanks for stopping by! I'm glad if my postcard could make your day a little sweeter.

And wow, Murray. Though I'm not usually a fan of 4:30 a.m. nor of 12 inches of snow, I think an early morning walk like that would be wonderful. Glad that you were there to be in the moment & that you posted about it here!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Enthralled! Amazing shot!