1/20: sandwich strategy

I had some unpleasant work that I told myself I needed to do today, and I did it.  But beforehand I read a bit for pleasure (I finished Lady Audley's Secret) and took some pictures of the bees at work outside; then, when the work was finished, I had donuts for dinner and walked with Chris down to the lake to watch the sunset.  The unpleasant work was still unpleasant, but by sandwiching it between other things it didn't seep into the whole day.

This bee is working hard herself.  Early-blooming honeysuckle smells amazing, so I hope that digging into it was a happy thing for this forager.


The sunset was gentle, and felt like a cushion after a serious afternoon.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Donuts for dinner!

Happy, hungry bee!

Happy day!

RR said...

Truth be told, the unpleasant work did not get done without tears along the way, but at least the day could start and end happily.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, ick. Sorry about that. Still, to end happily is a good thing, as you say. May today be better!