1/23: progress

I spent a lot of the between-semester break doing work but not school-related work:  reading, continuing my Trollope research and writing, vetting poems, preparing an abstract.  I left the school-related work until school resumed, and it's meant a big pile-up of things to address right away. The pile abides (I don't think it will ever go away entirely), but I'm making headway with it.  Today I got a teensy bit more done on that front than expected, so I'm going to call it a modest victory and (try to) be content.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Are you a Big Lebowski fan? (I don't see it in you, but may be surprised.) In any case, "The pile abides" sent me immediately to "The dude abides" and my day started off with a smile. Thanks! (And congrats on making headway!)

RR said...

I had forgotten that! I love the word "abides," so I'm glad that it has claimed a place in popular culture thanks to the Big Lebowski.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hah! I'm a fan of the word as well. Glad to know we are buddies in that!