1/4: in the world

A day of mostly being out-and-about in town, running some errands.  Happily, the errands entailed some good things:

- We chose a new mattress.  This might seem like a silly thing to record here, but we have been delaying (and delaying and delaying) this task, and our sleep has felt the effects of our avoidance.  The salesperson at the store was very helpful and nice; he even helped me choose a new pillow which I am excited to try out this evening.  (We won't get to try out our new mattress for awhile, since it wasn't in stock at at the store.)

- We ate lunch out:  miso soup and vegetarian sushi, with green tea to drink.  I wish I could make this my lunch every day.

- We picked up packages at our mail-box in town.  Books to read, a present from my brother, and a banner from Betterwall.  Betterwall is an interesting business:  they sell street banners that had been used to advertise museum exhibits.  We'd been intrigued by the concept of hanging one in our home, but we hadn't found one that seemed right for our house until recently.  When we unrolled the banner back at home, it seemed like we made the right choice.

There were yet more errands and stops, and, at the end of day, I returned home just in time to watch sunset at the lake.  Today's writing on the water was different, ink swirled on a page:


I was glad for successful outings in the world; I was just as glad to return home.

No comments: