1/7: three for today

I'll use Meri's technique today and post three good things.

1.   Chris and I had a "book club" meeting over lunch.  We used to belong to a great book club years ago, but when two of its members moved away, the group fell apart.  Now Chris and I occasionally pick a book and have a book club-like discussion with just the two of us.  Today's book was the 1942 Newbery Award winner, The Matchlock Gun by Walter D. Edmonds.  I really enjoyed our conversation about the book's representation of gender, ethnicity, and American identity.

2.  I was feeling well enough to go down to the lake and watch the sunset.


3.  My brother helped me with some website coding that was vexing me.  We talked on the phone while editing online.  Very nice of him to take some of his evening down-time to help me do work.

No comments: