2/12: flashback & looking forward

I would have thought that my student days were well in the past, but then I decided to go back to school for my sabbatical year.  I had to apply for admission.  I had to remember my GRE scores (from 2 decades ago)!  And today I got reminded of the pleasure of being accepted.  This time my future didn't ride as heavily on acceptance, but it was still nice to open an email from Penn State and see that the first word was "Congratulations!"  What was a hoped-for plan is now an actual path.

4 comments:

Regina Lemoine said...

I just found the link to your blog on Postcrossing. What a wonderful idea! I decided to add this as a goal on my Day Zero project. Thanks for the inspiration. I am Reggikko on Postcrossing. Great to "meet" you!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, wow! Super huge congratulations!!

Gally said...

Today is the Chandeleur in France, so my girlfriend and I made some crepes and ate them with Nutella :)
Bonus of the day: French House of Parliament votes yes to the gay marriage, we're one step closer!
Have a nice day everybody :)

RR said...

Thank you, Sandy!

Great to meet you, Regina!

And what a fantastic meal & day, Gally!