2/7-2/8: a collection

My temporary prescription continues to work to decrease some of my body pain.

I completed the first stage of my application to Penn State's graduate certificate program in children's literature.  I hope to start this summer and continue through my sabbatical year.

Emma the Cat and Tilde the Kitten are getting along more and more.  They play together, groom one another, rest on the same chair at the same time, and even (almost) sleep together.  Late last night I turned on the light, and Emma was curled up in his cat-bed.  Tilde had draped herself half in the same cat-bed, half out, with one of her front legs stretched to touch Emma while they both slept.

Two students seem excited to be working with me on the Trollope project this semester; we had a preliminary meeting about it this afternoon.

Although I have read it twice before, this is the first time I'm teaching Eva Ibbotson's Dragonfly Pool.  I am enjoying getting further inside its workings.

A student whom I don't teach chatted with me today as she was waiting in our office suite.  She was very pleasant and upbeat.

An administrator at work invited me to make an appointment with him to discuss an issue I had raised in a meeting and via email.  I think that is a first in my thirteen years on the job.  (Every other time I've had an administrative meeting to follow up on an issue, I've had to initiate it myself--which isn't terrible, but it sure felt good for the overture to come from the other side for a change.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are having a snowstorm where I live. I am a teacher. I am so thankful for the custodian's help brushing off my car as I walk with crutches. His kindness was very appreciated.

RR said...

Hurray for the custodian and his kindness! And I hope that you are staying warm in the snowstorm!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wow, that last one is great! Thanks for the feline update. Happy for the bonding taking place.

RR said...

The cat-cat relationship that is developing almost seems too good to be true, so I'm going to knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed a little while longer. But wow, they interact in such great ways.

And the last item on the list is such a welcome change that I had to include it!