4/26: persephone books

There has been so much reading for my courses and research projects this semester that I haven't had time for leisure reading in the evenings, and I've missed the chance to get lost in a book without having to take notes.  Now that the semester's reading assignments are winding down, I've been able to start a book for sheer pleasure.  I chose The Blank Wall by Elisabeth Sanxy Holding.  I picked it because it's a Persephone book and it was available as an e-book so I could buy it and start it right away (and not have to wait until it arrives from England). And today I received my copy of Persephone Biannually in the mail, which includes a brief description of every book Persephone publishes--just in time to get me psyched for summer reading.

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

I'm longing, longing, longing for the time to read. But, in reality, there is time, and you have reminded me. THANKS!

RR said...

Hi, Sandy--I hadn't realized how much the lack of leisure-reading was affecting me, but it really was making me feel off-kilter. I'm looking forward to getting on-kilter, and I'm wishing you happy reading days ahead!