8/28: bases

Chris is back at school, but my classes don't begin until a week from today, so the temptation is to have amorphous days--which sounds like it would be relaxing, but I end up getting stressed out by the aimlessness.  So I've been resorting to my old "bases" approach this week, making sure that every day I do at least one thing for the house or myself, one thing that counts as exercise, one thing for work, and one thing that constitutes contact with the outside world for something other than work.  I am grateful for this strategy (even if--years ago--it did arise out of something like desperation), and one of my friends recently told me that she adapted it for herself and used it this summer with happy results.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... one of the two sunflowers in my vegetable garden is in full bloom! I can't wait to see it up close as I only passed it in the car on my way to work this morning...

RR said...

What a great thing to see before work in the morning, Meri! I hope it was lovely when you got home to look at it more closely.