9/13: remembering

My pain situation is much better than it was a year ago, and much, much better than two years ago, but I still get flare-ups.  Today I was feeling quite bad--it's kind of astounding that that had become my status quo.  And then I remembered:  I have medicine!  I took it, and two hours later, I feel the relief.  I know it sounds silly to forget that I have a remedy, but I got so used to bearing with it, and I also grew up in a house where we didn't take medicine that often, so it doesn't rise up in my mind as an obvious recourse.  Hopefully next time I'll remember even sooner.

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Glad you remembered and glad it worked!

RR said...

Thanks, Sandy! The medicine doesn't work for everyone, so I'm especially grateful that I'm someone it does seem to help.