9/4: choosing books

My courses started today, and in my Fantasy Literature course, we have to read/review/analyze three books of our own choosing that aren't already on the syllabus. I went online this evening and ordered three books I've been wanting to read: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (by Catherynne Valente), Inkheart (by Cornelia Funke), and Wildwood (by Colin Meloy). Hurray for when classes give you a push to do things you've been wanting to do already! (Hurray too for when classes give you a push to do things you'd never think of doing--there will be plenty of that this semester, too.)

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... my daughter read Inkheart and absolutely loved it; we have all three books at home but I haven't read them myself...

RR said...

I am very happy to know that Inkheart has your daughter's endorsement--it makes me feel like I chose right!