10/26: writing, remembering, and a moment's rest

I've been having trouble writing to my regular postal correspondents lately; I've fallen out of the monthly postcard habit, and I miss it--and I feel bad because the people who actually write to me are really wonderful and don't deserve postal silence on my end.  Yesterday and today I managed to write some notes, and I'm hoping the trend continues.

I remembered today a good thing which happened yesterday but which I didn't post:  I've been working through Catherynne Valente's Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, and a chapter yesterday--in which the main character turns partly into a tree and sings a lullaby to her own Death--was really lovely.  It's a good thing in the present to remember good things in the past!

I worked on two writing assignments today, and I got one completely done and another mostly done.  I wasn't sure I would find thoughts or words, but I did.  I also got an email from my teacher today with some nice feedback on the paper I submitted on Tuesday.

It's been rainy today, but I walked down to the dock at sunset nevertheless.  I innovated and took a cup of coffee with me, which felt cozy.  I saw a heron, a hawk, some turtles and minnows, and geese.  And I rested my eyes from words by looking at the water.

No comments: