11/19: sweet day

All good things today:

- My paper didn't need much smoothing out before submitting it, and I liked it better upon re-reading it today than I did yesterday.

- I played with Tilde the Kitten, and then Emma the Cat came to sit with me as I read.

- I worked on a craft project for the first time in months, and I tried out a new technique with success.

- I listened to Handel's Water Music while tidying the house.  Usually I listen to an audiobook, but as the semester nears its end I'm feeling storied-out, and I was so glad to be enjoying music for a change.

- I kayaked in the hour before sunset.


- Chris and I had one of my favorite dinners:  LaBrea Bakery bread, nice cheese, and bruschetta with vegetarian bacon.  And then pieces of a dark chocolate orange for dessert.

- A friend posted this link on Facebook, which includes a video from a concert performed on an instrument created from Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks.

- Another friend posted on Facebook that there had been nothing good about today, and it got me to think:  every day that's a bad day for me is the birthday of somebody else somewhere, so for them my bad day is a good day indeed.  Somehow I think remembering this will help me keep my bad days in perspective.

No comments: