1/2: barbara's tactic

I'm having some difficulties staying focused, so today I used a strategy I learned from Barbara:  just keep doing (and listing) things until you reach at least 10.

1.  Playing with Tilde.  She really needed some dedicated playtime.
2.  Making some plans for meeting up with people.
3.  Writing postcards.
4.  Sending out a couple of pieces of mail art.
5.  Taking a few photos to try out the super-macro feature on my new camera.
6.  Tracking deliveries of holiday packages; had to re-order one gift because of delivery problems.
7.  Cleaning the kitchen.  The start of a long-overdue Big Clean?
8.  Listening to Delirium on my iPod (while playing with Tilde and also while cleaning the kitchen--but I think it counts as a separate thing since I'm listening to the novel to decide whether to include it in a course next year).
9.  Writing quick notes to my mother and sister.
10.  Editing, writing, and posting a few Trollope glosses.
11.  Reading Ecotopia.
12.  Doing some Heron Tree work. 

Barbara passed away in the fall.  I never met her in person, but we were blog-friends who sometimes also exchanged snail-mail, and I learned a lot from her both practically and philosophically.  I am so grateful that our paths crossed; knowing her has taught me about ways to be good to myself and good in the world.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... I had learnt of Barbara through the comments on your blog, and kept returning to read her blog...

RR said...

Hi, Meri--I'm glad you visited Barbara's blog too. I really value her perspective on life and I was always amazed (and humbled) by all the kinds of things she did.