4/12-4/15: a catch-up collection

Reading The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield.  Just fantastic.  Another book I would never have discovered without the amazing Persephone Books.

Seeing some wonderful friends of the family and getting messages of support and good wishes from others.

Playing Phase 10 with my brother, his spouse, and my mother in her hospital room.  It's kind of like Schnitzel, a card-game we used to play a lot (and I mean a lot) in high school.

Working with my brother and sister-in-law through some practical challenges--a leaking water heater created a mini-flood, a broken furnace which left the house cold on a snowy day (yes, snow in April), and getting the house ready for my mother's return from the hospital.  I couldn't imagine doing it alone!  And the repair people have been great, too.

No comments: