6/26: super-quick reply

I've been in little contact with students or colleagues for awhile, what with sabbatical blending into the summer.  Today, however, I needed to get in touch with a student to ask if she'd work with me next year, advising the first-year students.  She's abroad right now, so I wasn't even sure she'd be checking her email.  But she was, and she wrote back to me within an hour or less, and very enthusiastically--a good and welcome reminder of the very good parts of my job that I'll be glad to reconnect with when fall rolls around.

2 comments:

Meri M. said...

... I spend a fortune on myself at the drugstore today and got a book for a dear friend at work who is starting her 2 week vacation tomorrow... I called my girls and they told me they made a list of urgent tasks for me as well (like I have made for each of them this morning), which made me laugh out loud right in the street during my lunch break... These were my 3 good things up till now. PS: Will you be going to UK this summer with your students as well...?

RR said...

It's always great to read about the good things in your day, Meri, and your girls making you a list made me especially smile!

No UK this summer for me, but I hope to go next summer, either with some students or on my own....