6/30: closing out the month with good things

June went by quickly (oh so quickly), and I'm a bit sad about that.  But the last day of the month was filled with little goodnesses:

- Reading a novel over breakfast (and realizing how much more interested in it I am when I'm not reading it only right before I go to sleep).

- Sweeping the house while listening to an audio version of another novel.  Watching Tilde watch me sweeping.

- Playing with Tilde once the sweeping was done.

- Getting things ready to weigh Emma, and seeing him jump down from Chris' lap (a place he doesn't usually voluntarily vacate) to come over and be weighed completely willingly.

- Finding almost exactly what I needed at a store.

- Meeting my own self-imposed deadline for a project.

- Trying a new restaurant for dinner with Chris (and enjoying it).

- Getting to go kayaking (thanks to no threat of thunderstorms)!

- Laughing with our neighbors once I get back to the dock from kayaking because, it turns out, they tried the same new restaurant for dinner this evening themselves, just an hour after us.

- Talking with my brother on the phone.

No comments: