7/31: multiple good things

Working backwards from evening to morning, here are some good things from today:

Going to a poetry reading in Little Rock in the evening, at which two friends of mine read, one of whom is Sandy, who co-edits Heron Tree with me and Chris.  I missed two of her readings this spring, so I was glad to get to see her in action this time.

Getting an email from a friend I was so happy to hear from.

Finishing some writing before going to Little Rock.

Meeting up with a student/advisee and coming up with a plan of action.

Participating in The Saturday PhotoHunt for the first time (with thanks to Una, who visits this blog, for telling me about it!).  I didn't quite meet the goal of participating on Saturday, but here's my photo for this week's theme, "wet":


Seeing those amazing waterdrops while walking down my driveway to the mailbox and, since it's summer, having time to run into the house to get my camera and snap away.

Playing with both Tilde and Emma.

Hearing Tilde play with her new cat-toy in the other room as Emma and I kept drowsing on the bed just around sunrise.

2 comments:

Una said...

That is a great picture for the theme :) You must have a very good camera and certainly a good eye for the beauty of nature.

I love cats. I had a few while growing up and I really miss them, in general I miss having animals around. Maybe I should volunteer at an animal shelter. Right now, that sounds like a good idea :)

RR said...

Hi, Una--Yes, one of my cameras has a macro setting that I am very grateful for! I am also crazy-grateful for the cats in my life. Over the past year especially (when I've been on leave from teaching and so have been mostly at home) Emma and Tilde have been amazing friends.