12/9: not having to worry about traffic

I spent last night in a hotel near a medical center in Little Rock because I had some screening scheduled for the morning.  Usually when I have to go in for tests I just drive down early--but the traffic is heavy and accidents (leading to long back-ups) are (unfortunately) common.  More than once, even when I've given myself double the time for the drive, I've been stuck in a jam, anxiously looking at my watch as my appointment time got uncomfortably close or even passed by.  This time I decided that since going in for testing is worrying enough there's no point in also getting worried about traffic--so I booked myself into a hotel less than 5 minutes from the medical center.  It was great to wake up this morning and have one set of worries off the table.

No comments: