7/11: quartet

I read a somewhat puzzling book yesterday (Anders Nilsen's Rage of Poseidon), and writing about it this morning helped me start to be less puzzled.

I've rented a climate-controlled storage unit in town.  The goal is to move most of my books there gradually and sort out which ones will come back home and which ones need to be given away.  Today I started to move some of the books there.  It's a daunting project, but at least it's in progress now.

Chris went kayaking with me this evening, and the water and wind were really lovely.


It got dark quickly, so on the way back up the hill from the lake we used our flashlights.  And a good thing we did!  I spotted a snake on our driveway that I would have walked on (or at least definitely too close to for its comfort and mine) if I hadn't been scanning the big picture.  (I say "scanning the big picture" because it's a phrase I learned in driver's ed and it makes me smile.)

No comments: