9/11: choices paying off

Chris invited me to his ancient philosophy class to talk about what it's like to read Heraclitus in Greek.  It meant extra work, but it was something I really wanted to do.  So there I was at 8 a.m. this morning, trying to explain to folks with no Greek experience at all how some enigmatic fragments "tick" in their original language.  It went well, and I'm glad I opted for extra work in this case.

This evening I stayed on campus late so I could go to the annual staged reading of the winning play in the alumni play-writing contest.  I was so tired at the end of the work-week that I was tempted just to come home instead, but it was a very interesting piece and it felt so good to see and hear other people's creativity at work.  Nice to be driving home, knowing that I made the right decision.

No comments: