10/15: tasks and pleasures

It's fall break, which mostly means that it's time to catch up on some things.  Today I went to the dentist and the optometrist, put away laundry, and wrote an abstract for a conference.

But I also walked in the creek mid-morning and sat on the porch in the warm air with the cats in the afternoon.  And in the mail I got a postcard from an Australian friend I hadn't heard from in years--we used to correspond occasionally and then fell out of the habit; recently I sent him a photo that I thought he would like and he must have sent his card immediately in reply.

Near-noon light on the water:

2 comments:

Una said...

Wow, that photo looks like some kind of surreal painting. It looks like gold and I can see a deer in there (I have an active imagination).

Hearing from old penpals is a really good thing :)

My good thing for today is actually one of the best things that have happened to me so far :)
I was at my first concert and I saw Imagine Dragons perform. They are my favourite band and I saw them perform. It was so amazing. Now I have a signed CD and a t-shirt and such a great memory.
The opening band (is that the correct word?) was Sunset Sons. I had listened to their music before and thought that they were really good. So when they started to perform I was already dancing and singing along.
And at the end of the concert the members of Sunset Sons stood at the exit I used out of the arena and you could go up to them, talk to them and take pictures. I thought I would do that. And then the singer shook my hand, asked me how I was doing and for a moment I completely forgot how to talk because I was just so nervous. But then I told them how much I like their songs and asked the bass player for the best advice he could give to another bass player. Then I got a signed poster, which is now hanging on my wall.
This was simply amazing, all of it. I actually cried at one point because one of the songs by Imagine Dragons was so beautiful to hear live. That singer has an incredible voice :)

RR said...

What a fantastic evening you had, Una! I didn't know the group Imagine Dragons, but after reading this I went and listened to them online, so thanks for the tip :) And thanks, as always, for sharing--it is wonderful to hear about your experiences....