11/2: late afternoon and evening

I always enjoy ending my Mondays at school with one of my independent study students.  (I have two of them this semester, one on Mondays and one on Wednesdays, and I'm really lucky that they're such nice people and good workers and thinkers--and they do such a great job of holding their own and being "on" for a full hour of intense one-on-one work.)

Today I left quickly after the independent study so that I could take a very short flight with Chris.  When I arrived at the little airport south of town he had the plane literally waiting for me just outside the airport's door to the tarmac.  It was crazy hazy, so almost none of my pictures turned out well, but I like this one of the sunset:


And this evening I got to spend time with Guy Billout's Thunderbolt & Rainbow, an unconventional picturebook presentation of Greek mythological characters that I really like.  I'll be interested in hearing the students' thoughts and reactions tomorrow.

No comments: