12/21: baker's dozen for barbara

We never met in person, but for about 5 years Barbara used to visit my blog and I visited hers, and occasionally we would exchange emails or snail mail as well.  I'm so grateful that our paths crossed, and I learned a lot from her.  She mentioned that on difficult days or even on days without a set shape it can be useful to just keep doing stuff until you've done at least ten things.  So here are thirteen things from today:

Taking a walk on the ridge.
Making more solstice pamphlets.
Getting mail ready and dropping it off at the post office.
Updating and filing a letter of recommendation for a student.
Grocering.
Getting gas.
Texting back and forth with my mother and emailing a student and a colleague.
Reading with Tilde purring.  And sometimes just sitting with Tilde purring.
Watching the sunset at the dock.
Working on some photos.
Grading.
Brushing the cats.
Watching TV with Chris and laughing out loud.

No comments: