2/8: not really lost

I arrived at school this morning only to find that my office key was not on my key-ring.  Public safety opened my door for me, so a temporary fix was pretty easy, though not the most relaxing start to the work-week, and getting a new key made at school is a real hassle (wrapped-in-red-tape and time-consuming), so I was worried about what it would mean if my key were lost for good.  But it wasn't:  I came home mid-day to see if I could find it, and I did.  In the pocket of the coat I wore on Friday.  Now I'll know to check each morning.  And actually it's a pretty good thing that in 16 years this is the first time I locked myself out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gday Rebecca
I am shocked that it is 7 years since I sent you a card on Postcrossing (22Dec09).
At the time I was impressed with the idea of your blog and attempted to keep my own record of "good thing" each day ... and failed ... miserably.
The idea has come back into my head occassionally. Well here I am making a second attempt, a little more determined this time, a bit like a smoker trying to kick the habit.
Thank you, Neil (feral on Postcrossing)

RR said...

Oh, Neil, what a great comment to see here--thank you so much for writing it! I remember our postal paths crossing years ago.... I think that having the blog has kept me on track with noticing and recording good things: though I'd like to think I'd have stuck with it day after day year after year on my own, writing in a notebook or journal, that's probably not true. Somehow having even a rarely visited blog in a quiet corner of the internet is enough to make me feel beholden to myself to keep up the habit. In any case, I wish you well & hope your days are filled with good things (whether you record them or not)!