9/24: goods, plural

My body has been odd today:  I've felt shaky pretty much the whole day, as if I'm worried or nervous or about to cry, but I'm not.  I don't know what's caused it, but it's a good thing that I noticed it happening and have been gentle with myself.

Chris went flying in the morning and after taking off in Pine Bluff for the return home had to loop back to that airport to make an emergency landing because something in the plane's engine broke.  That part is not so good, but it's undeniably great that no one got hurt, Chris landed the plane without further damage, and his training helped him make a landing that was as safe and smooth as possible.

I finally (finally finally) hemmed four pairs of pants.  This needed to happen long, long ago, but at least it's happened now.

I exchanged some texts with my dear childhood friend.  She lives next to my mother, so she also sent me some photos of the flowers blooming in my mother's garden.

We got a very interesting set of pieces for our found-in-the-public-domain series at Heron Tree, and we accepted two of them.  We read blind, so I didn't know until after we decided about them that they were submitted by a long-time reader/supporter of Heron Tree, and that's especially sweet.

No comments: