9/14: clytie & colors

When I was little we had a record that told a number of stories, and the story of Clytie was my favorite one on it.  Years later I read about Clytie in Ovid's Metamorphoses--a grimmer telling for sure!  Today I searched online and found a digital copy of the record from my youth and I had to listen to the Clytie story right away.  Amazing to be transported by the words and sounds back to an earlier me.  And interesting how the story merges the ancient myth with aspects of Hans Christian Andersen's "Little Mermaid."  (If you're curious, the recording is here and the Clytie story starts almost 5 minutes into the whole:  http://www.mousevinyl.com/content/best-loved-fairy-tales-disneyland-records.)

On my way to school this morning I stopped at the lake.  They recently moved an old bridge from elsewhere in Arkansas and installed it near the pier where I sometimes take pictures.  Today I tried some photos from the bridge, and this is one, with fall colors looking more like flowers than leaves:

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is amazing. Another gorgeous view, like the one on the card you sent with your booklets. Grateful, grateful, grateful. 2 are already on their way to friends, another 2 will go out today.

RR said...

Thanks, Carol--I feel lucky to live by a lake & drive by it every morning on my way to school, though I have to make sure I leave the house with an extra margin of time for picture-taking when the light is right. And yay about the booklets!