9/27: a gasp (and more)

I stopped at the lake on the way to school, and the clouds spread out on the water made me gasp.  Literally, and before I realized what I was doing.  I'm afraid that a picture gives just a slice of the whole--it can't show the expanse of the shimmering reflections, but here's a glimpse nevertheless:


While I was at the lake I thought of a student who, two years ago, walked by me on campus one morning as I was photographing clouds.  I was (of course) self-conscious; I don't like it much when people see me taking photos.  But the student and I chatted, and I said a few words about what I was doing and why.  And then early today he wrote me an email that recalled that conversation and mentioned how great the clouds were this morning.  I'm so happy that he remembered and that we saw the same sky near the same time.

Overall, today was a much better day than yesterday:  I was thrown for a loop less and felt more secure in myself, my perspective, and what I have to offer.

No comments: