I've been thinking through an idea for another new pamphlet for two weeks, and now that the format for Hers is finally set I decided to give the new idea a try this afternoon. And by this evening I had a little stack of them made (they're entitled Sisters: Three Palimpsests). It's nice to have a smoother trip from idea to thing after having had to wrestle with Hers.
I try to proofread 10 pages each month for Project Gutenberg--it's not a lot, but it's a sustainable minimum especially during the school year, and of course I can always do more in a month if I want. I did 12 pages for July this evening and am feeling happy that I started--and have kept on--volunteering this way.
My most recent pamphlet has been the most challenging to format so far. I've had some breakthroughs over the past 10 days, and each time I've thought, "This is it." But this evening I think I really settled on a final form. Though it's been a clear development (retrospectively!), it's been a somewhat awkward and uncomfortable process, and I'm glad to have pushed through.
I've been a little worried at the changing dynamics in the house, with three cats now rather than two. The two got along so well, often sleeping together and in general hanging out together. The new cat is a kitten, so the older cats are needing to adjust to his energy and the kitten is needing to see how he can fit in. But they were all three playing in the same room this morning and this evening--I'm hoping it's a positive sign for the future.