12/18: mixing work & leisure

As usual, with the end of the semester comes a pile of things to grade and a list of bureaucratic ends to tie up. Usually I power through it all in a fairly intensive stretch of a few days. But this year powering through doesn't feel right (or even possible). So I'm going to do one set of grading or one bureaucratic task each day--and then turn to other things. Today, for instance, I wrote a grant proposal in the early morning, and once that was done we took a load of packages to the post office, went shoe-shopping, walked along Tucker Creek, and picked persimmons. All this felt good.

1 comment:

Wolfidy said...

Mmmm...persimmons! Haven't had one of those in ages!

Good thing for me: my Snail Mail Addict blog won an award! It was totally unexpected, but really made my day.