9/8: braving the day and the circle

A mostly sleepless night, and the wakeful times not full of the best spirits. Then a daunting day. But I bucked up, faced the rain and a packed schedule, and I did it. Only a few household tasks left before I can let myself turn in for the night.

Today I also drove for the first time on the newly opened traffic circle along a major route through town. I was kind of dreading using it because I wasn't sure other drivers would have good etiquette on circles (which are not common here), but my spin on the circle went just fine, and the circle itself seems nicely designed.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That reminds me of a time when we rented a car at Heathrow Airport. About an inch out of the "car park" is a traffic circle -- which is a bit of a challenge in the best of times and especially if you're driving for the first time on the "wrong" side of the road. My husband is very brave!!!!! I'd still be either sitting there waiting to enter or circling around and around wondering if I would ever get out of the circle!

RR said...

We have had that same experience when visiting the UK!