9/21: four for four

Four good things for the fourth anniversary of the start of this blog.

One of the first emails I read this morning was an invitation to lead a session on Trollope at a Humanities retreat for doctors this spring.  I've presented at the retreat before, and I'm excited at the prospect of going back and getting to talk about Trollope with a room of people (something that doesn't happen very often).

Lunch with a colleague.  I usually eat in my office while multi-tasking, so (honestly) it felt a little odd to be doing something different.  But it was good to get to know this colleague a little better.

Two flat tires in one week; the second one this evening.  Not great, but it was nice to have the drill down pat this second time around.

As we ate dinner out this evening, I got brave enough to tell Chris my germinating idea for a libretto.  When we got home after dinner, I checked my email to find a note from the composer who asked me about a potential collaboration earlier this week.  We're going to meet up soon so I can pitch her my concept and see what she thinks.

No comments: