2/5: a handful of things

Leaving the house early enough this morning (on purpose) to leave time to take some pictures of the foggy lake.


A good visit with my doctor.  Not good that I had to go, but at least good in that she seems committed to helping figure out why I feel so much pain at times.  I'm grateful for a doctor who doesn't write everything off as stress.

While waiting mid-day at the grocery store for a prescription to be filled I ate some free cheese samples.  Goat milk gouda?  Lovely.

The Homeric Hymn to Hermes.  Unbelievable.  I feel like I understand it more and more (and love it more and more) each year I teach it.  In general I'm lucky with my Myth course:  I can pretty much fill the syllabus with my favorite texts.

Some hot-and-sweet canned jalapenos mixed into our salad at dinner.  They were a gift from a student, and they're very tasty--but simply the fact that she canned them herself is enough to make me smile.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Get well, Rebecca, there's no quality of life with pain - I know!

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara! Your pain situation has been far worse than mine, but I agree: quality goes out the window. Everything was feeling like a chore (or worse) because to do anything meant overcoming or ignoring the pain. It's wild to realize how it could change me--my attitude, my habits, my daily life. I hope that your pain is being well managed these days!