10/13: a gathering of goods

Today is Chris' father's birthday.  He has been very kind to me over the years, and I am grateful to have an annual reminder to tell him how much I appreciate him and to wish him well.

As a result of our little road-trip on Thursday and Friday as well as some stuff at work this week I fell a little behind in getting my assignments done.  Today I caught up.

I finished writing a long work email I had been composing off and on over the past couple days.  It felt good to send it off.  Of course, almost as soon as I hit "send," I realized I should have mentioned two other things, but it'll be easy enough to follow up with those later (or let them fall by the wayside?).  For now the burden feels lifted.

I had time to go kayaking, and the weather cooperated.  Here's what it looked like when I first set out:


And here's how it looked an hour later as I was coming back in:


I may never see the Aurora Borealis, but I do get to see amazing Arkansas skies regularly.

In addition to taking lots of pictures while paddling I came up with an outline for the paper I need to write tomorrow.

No comments: