9/28: quick response & reception

A student of mine recently got into a bad bike accident on campus (not at all a good thing--her jaw needs to be wired shut for 6 weeks!), so today I suggested to some people in the administration that we add some signs in particularly perilous places on campus.  They responded quickly and were receptive to the suggestion.  It might seem like a no-brainer, but often at work seemingly no-brainer suggestions are met with unexpected opposition, so I was glad that this wasn't one of those times.  (Truth be told, the folks I wrote to aren't ones who tend to oppose things; I've just gotten so used to inexplicable resistance over the years in general that I try not to get my hopes up.  Then I can be especially delighted when I get a receptive response.)

No comments: