4/6: a good thing early

A number of years ago a colleague and I started a tradition at our school:  on the first 3 Thursdays of April--as a way of celebrating National Poetry Month--we have chalk available around the campus fountain so that people can chalk bits of their favorite poems on the pavement.  Since today was the first Thursday I took my bucket of chalk out to the fountain early, and my colleague was already there, chalking.  I didn't look at what she had chosen to write.  I had decided to write out Karen L. George's remixes of two Emily Dickinson poems (you can read them in Heron Tree's found poetry ebook, downloadable at this link).  And then it turned out that my colleague had chosen an Emily Dickinson poem, so there was unexpected/unplanned synergy between our selections.

No comments: