3/10: valuing my time

I realized last night that my astronomy class isn't really satisfying. I learn about 5 minutes of interesting/useful information per meeting, but the class and the commute combined are 3 hours. So I'm not going to go tonight. It was a hard decision because I didn't want to seem like a quitter to myself. But I'm not a quitter: I ordered myself an astronomy book that looks excellent, and I'm going to work through it on my own instead. And maybe quitting gets a bad rap; maybe sometimes quitting is making a bid for oneself.

4 comments:

Tiina said...

Hi! I´m from Finland and got just your address from Postcrossing-site :-) So you´ll get a postcard from me soon. But I shall also tell one good thing from my Monday :-) I am a teacher too, my pupils are 7-8 years old. One of them came to me in the morning and said: "Hi Tiina! It is so wonderful to see you again!" I became VERY glad about that and said to him: "How nice to hear that! Now I feel happy during whole day!" You don´t need much to bring joy around you; this Monday was saved :-)
Many happy greetings from Finland, we still have winter here; we´ve got about 10cm of new snow today :)

Anonymous said...

found drive and initiative to get a lot of over due house work, shopping and errands done today

RR said...

I've been spending my day catching up on housework, shopping, and errands, too! Tiring, but it feels good to have some lingering things DONE.

Anonymous said...

way to go rebecca, discernment is a mark of good character as well as solid self advocacy..3 hrs for a class and travel that offered little was for certain up for review, congrats on your clarity and action.