3/4: suite-mate serendipity

One of my suite-mates at work is on sabbatical this semester, and I really miss seeing him. Today he was unexpectedly back in town between his travels. We spent almost an hour talking in between two of my classes. (Usually we don't have time for such leisurely conversations when we're both teaching, but he didn't have other pressing appointments & I had--magically--finished preparing for my second class early.) The best part of our conversation was when I mentioned that I had just bought Roberto BolaƱo's novel 2666 and was looking forward to reading it: it turns out that he had just gotten a copy of it for himself, too! It is so nice to feel like you're on someone's wavelength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what appears to be the conclusion of several days of binging on empty calories,,warmer weather and the resumption of daily walking... thanks for prayers answered